Founded in 1984, the AIA was organized to advance the global understanding and implementation of vision and imaging technologies. They are committed to providing support and leadership on common industry issues.
Today, AIA is the world's largest global vision and imaging trade group serving more than 330 member companies from 32 countries. Their members include manufacturers of vision components and systems, system integrators, distributors, OEMs, end users, consulting firms, academic institutions, and imaging research groups.
- administration of standards development for the industry (including GigE Vision®, Camera Link®, and USB3 VisionTM)
- providing market and economic data, reporting trends and publishing quarterly Vision Industry Statistics
- sponsoring The Vision Show and Automate show
- providing educational workshops, conferences, and networking opportunities throughout the world
- sponsoring the annual AIA Business Conference
- providing custom in-housing training, publishing an annual printed Vision Industry Directory
- hosting Vision Online, the world's leading resource for machine vision information
- global promotion of the vision and imaging industry
Robotics Event: Automate
Together with the Robotic Industries Association (RIA) and Motion Control Association (MCA) they organize the Robotics event: Automate