Youll find helpful information about your account here or you can use this form to send us questions about account issues. However, I owe much to volunteers on the site who have posted information that I would never have been able to obtain without a major roadtrip with a quick visit to the website. They do nothing about it. I only record what is mentioned on the stone. I'd like to say that this website is in fact, not a blessing. Even when you use facebook other person photo, u must also ask owner permission. This is very basic courtesy. This person will not answer my emails and the police have located him. A person by the name of Joan Donnelly Ellis stole my partners photo from the funeral home web site and changed the obituary, she had no business doing that. Stealing ppl headstone on your camera and put online on your own findagrave page, is not even hard work, it's vandalism, Reading sharon haywood post i just wanna laugh at her. Please DO NOT add attachments that contain your or other peoples personal information, if you dont want it to be visible to the public. Get those cheap skates to pay you! Please contact Find a Grave at [emailprotected] if you need help resetting your password. A problem occurred. their own unique way of cataloging data. You've closed your mind to anything other . Learn more about requesting management here. If you do not want others to see you name or your daughter's do not put it on the stone. The headstone is the dead and their family, not yours. You must include a valid cemetery ID or URL. I hate it that Find A Grave's eager beavers invades family privacy by creating various memorials with links 2'other branches without permission from the family. You don't have to play Looney tunes with a top contributor ever. Son of Edward Chandler, a labourer. Sure, sure if you're anal enough to enjoy all that cataloging and picture takin, etc then fine, but your getting screwed and smiling about it Might want to learn some self respect. Near the bottom of the edit page, you will see Other, press '+Suggest other corrections'. FindAGrave was meant to help people find where someone's last resting place was. They are getting fresh air and exercise. If you really not wish photo being f###ed by starngers, dont put them on line You really don't need all the drama FindAGrave's hierarchy throws in your face. As for putting personal information on a memorial, unless they knew the person it can't be any more personal than what is public knowledge from the newspaper, an obituary, etc. FuryH, Memorials of: Robert Paul Carmichael #[protected] and Jessie Jacobs Carmichael #[protected], You get no place trying to get find a grave ghouls to transfer memorials back to the family even though it is protocal to do so. Please ensure you have given Find a Grave permission to access your location in your browser settings. My daughter was kidnapped, sexually assaulted and murdered and the manager posted numerous newspaper articles about this in the bio section. My complaint is with the new change to the website, I lost the links that were on the old webpage that linked my family members together. They play upon emotion. I hope in the near future that there will be a legal challenge to ### as to whether they have a property right to post gravesites without permission for those who have passed away "after" a set period of time, similar to release of census records. dead person family can still object if they dont want. You can customize the cemeteries you volunteer for by selecting or deselecting below. If someone complains about an individual contributor to Find a Grave, Find a Grave will pick on that contributor through the use of some type of monitoring technology. My lawyer has been contacted. The free plan is basic. Desired outcome: FindAGrave Administrators- Caleb, Mikenna, and Amber. U can add unlimited photos in addition to music mp3 files + plus videos. It was not put here for it to be a tug of war or a battleground everyone must follow the rules and regulations and not step on anyone's feet. He hated the nickname and when my father and mother divorced in 1969; he moved back to his home town in NC and was never even called anything been a member since 2016 and i dont log in often, and i just discovered that someone made a memorial for my great grandfather john flint #[protected]. Same thing, been on there 18 years and they suddenly said I was inactive, (I had just added 500 memorials in last 30 days) no I was very active, tried to log in but can't they won't send an email to reset password, and in looking I see that [censored] now has management of all my memorials and in last 24 hrs have given almost 50 away. I find a lot of family history in find a grave. If u r family or tourists u can take photos. It is disturbing that Ancestry has television commercials depicting African Americans searching for their ancestors, when so many records remain un-indexed and hidden from discovery. because if her friends/her classmates/classmates parents. Then why do you think they have the Burial Unknown Mechanic, Lee? That's a lot of money. I lost my daughter in 1978. compete on how many records make is useless. Unless you really know that person, u can directly share or steal. Historic Oakland Cemetery I made no comments about the timeline of adding memorials, scanning of obituaries, nor any comment about how many memorials certain people have. Anyone walking a cemetery can find DOB. Some people do not want their family members in the site, and its not your God-given right as a volunteer to ignore that. Also F.A.G says they award points, so beef with them. Please enter your email address and we will send you an email with a reset password code. There was facks about my Grate grand mother that had been compiled on his web site telling where she was born in Ireland, all the exact details about her life, Who her brother was ? So when someone dies; and their obituary states that they were predeceased by their parents and their spouse, the only way to find their relatives is through an obituary search. Everyone feels differently about this though. What I do know is this tracking down ancestor graves is HARD work. The "known disposition" is the key - you have to know the disposition BEFORE you add a memorial. Within 5 miles of your location. Submit a complaint and get your issue resolved. That's obscene. I contacted FindAGrave and they ignored my requests even though their new rules of conduct r very explicit that when confronted these "major contributors" supposed to turn memorials back to the family. Anyone who makes a free FindAGrave account can add memorial pages. if you put your daughter photo online, anyone can also use it without letting you know I couldn't care less about the number of memorials I create (you refer to these as "points"; I assure you, they are not); have GREAT empathy, compassion and respect when it comes to the dead, and certainly don't chase bodies. We welcome you to Grave Matters. It is both hurtful and embarrassing to family members. this is quite/very serious. This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback. If you don't want her known, then remove her headstone or put her in a more private place (urn). For more than 15 years we have helped nearly 50000 customers resolve their issues and will never stop striving to ensure further improvements on our platform for a better communication between companies and customers. I've corrected Ms. DiMarco's errors and removed info the family doesn't want to share. It's only a website. Find and visit a loved one's final resting place anywhere, anytime. Spare me. Stop awarding points like trophies. so please everyone do not turn this beautiful website into a horror story. If a family member has asked you to remove a memorial, than you do it. They will take a really long time to reply to you, but when they finally reply to your email, they will threaten to ignore you unless you tell them your relationship to that memorial (From my own experience), so make sure to state your relationship. Also sending me arrogant emails in response to my disapproval. It was founded in 1995 by Salt Lake City resident, Jim Tipton. For immediate removal: Please remove Memorial #[protected]. com. 3. Find the graves of ancestors, create virtual memorials or add photos, virtual flowers and a note to a loved one's memorial. The day of publicly available data is here and increases daily. listed divorce dates, ex spouses names and material of a more private nature our family did not want to share with the world. Legally and geneticly they are not related at all. Find A Grave has many untrue information. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but yes I have been there, and what your feeling now, will not be shared by other relatives 50 years from now as they look at your daughters memorial with love or to research their kin. Being bitter and calling people names because you are upset is wrong. Sherry Maccanico, Desired outcome: If the family wants their relatives and has proved the relationship, then their request should be honored. These indexes on Ancestry.com are free to use by everyone, whether you have a subscription or not. I lost my daughter in 1978. Furthermore, nobody actually "owns" a grave. Please include the cemetery ID number or the URL to the cemetery page on Find a Grave. - had parents of someone posted in the wrong cemetery, so I photocopied the page from the cemetery book & posted it on the pages for her parents to show correct place of burial, Ladybug threw a fit, reported me & I got the boot; Ladybug was rude as heck to me in several emails, but I guess that doesnt matter. And Nothing was ever done. Yes Virginia. R.L. It was not put here for it to be a tug of war or a battleground everyone must follow the rules and regulations For the record I am 75 years old and thinks it pretty [censored]ty of FindAGrave to respond in such a way. Do u know. I'm going to contact them again and if it's not resolved I will have to see what legal action I can take, Find A Grave's top contributor cyber ghouls r banned from photographing tombstones. An alternative - Forever Missed. If that means I have a rock to mark my burial site, so be it. Open your mind, open your heart a bit, have some respect for fellow Users and please utilize other websites if you don't like a specific one. Find A Grave is eventually going to be sued and it will undoubtedly take down the site and their business. I am a private person in life and I want privacy when I die. Not just steal. Again, it's only a website overrun by volunteers so move on. now findagrave deletes burial records and members now. Yes, I know what they are supposed to do.. Find A Grave is not owned by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Anyone else wants to make "corrections", like a bored housewife, YOU get to decline. We'd love to hear from you. I have no issue with someone adding OLD graves they found while walking the cemeteries. I don't love how Find A Grave is run and it irks me that much of the information on the site is really terribly inaccurate, but presented in a manner that makes many people take it as fact, and impossible to correct or contribute to with the territorial attitude that the managing of memorials seems to foster. aged 43, married Back then it was a site consisting of records of celebrities and their burial sites. This appears to be especially true for African American individuals and other individuals deemed to be not important enough, I am guessing. I am wandering am I, going to have to pay Ancestery .Com now for all the info that was suppose to be free on find. FindAGrave is pure grossess. I have a good clue who is doing this to our flowers we leave on confederate veterans memorials. A Grave .Com ? In my case I created a memoral 4 my Grandmother and also a memorial for a favoured child who died in infancy. Each memorial on Find a Grave has a manager who is responsible to update or correct the memorial. Copyrights are used for written material for the purpose of "making lawful copies". At the time he was a soldier in the 26th Cameronians Regiment. Nothing is sacred here. And almost as many gravestone photos. Previously, I had a friend write me my other experience on 'people who hate memorials listed as burial details unknown'. In most cases they don't. Desired outcome: Search or browse cemeteries and grave records for every-day and famous people from around the world. I am not dead, yet! Please wait a few minutes and try again. what is findagrave, answer me. I would say that many members provide relevant information and are not "collectors" of graves and the service they provide in invaluable. I feel it is their family member and they should be allowed to honor them. My nephew passed on new year's eve. the important is all funeral and headstone photos must be authorized and legitimate and the owner let you use. Search Now. It's definitely not a contest. If you have information that would help us update details about a cemetery on the site, please let us know. My computer system is set up to alert me if something downloads without my permission so it was caught almost immediately. Weve updated the security on the site. I feel sorry for you, and I can understand about feeling like you have been exploited.At the same time though if It had not been for find a grave .com. It is a wonderful thing we all do here, but historians need to not only just walk the grave yards then make a memorial so they can get their numbers up. I too thought that direct family should include aunts and uncles. I do not care how many countless hours "Find A Grave's cyber ghouls put into it. I was born in 1978 but sorry for your daughter. Have you read Find A Grave's Help section on what to do if your Edit is declined? The family story and history is greatly important; to me, and to others. The person who has invaded my family's privacy has created 55 thousand of these things. If you follow the process, you can get the change made - but it isn't a speedy process. Every one listen, this website is a blessing to everyone that's on it, it was put here to view memorials and find peace. Find a Grave - Millions of Cemetery Records World's largest gravesite collection. If you find a memorial for someone you are related to within four generations and would like to manage that memorial, you can request to have that memorial transferred to you. Maybe a mom from my father who died 1974. i tried to explain the situation but they stopped replying. The pay version is a one time 30 bucks. This monitor controls about 300,000 or more memorials and is on a power trip and politics. This is very basic courtesy. For example, I have a cousin whose memorial was posted, no picture of the headstone, no information on all her pass husbands ( she was married 6 times, only one mentioned because it was on her obituary which was posted in an El Paso, Texas newspaper. Some person going by Ladybug (member #[protected]) {note doesn't even use a REAL name, address, email, etc.} I can google my name and find every city I've lived in, and all the way back to 1971 when I fell off a high diving board because its in the local newspaper. STOP HOLDING MY GRANDPARENTS MEMORIALS HOSTAGE ! In memory of your daughter, why don't you start a family tree of your own, for your relatives and descendants to enjoy. they have family/friends help them compete for the right and privacy. i visited the cemetery he is buried at and i did not find his grave. Find A Grave contributors are not responsible for the content of the memorials they create. If you are hoping to find the grave of a specific relative, then you will need to have some vital record information: Full name (first, middle, last) Date of birth Date of death Location of death You can find full names and birthdates on family bibles or baptismal and census records. Running Deer takes his memorial [protected] down. Ask the Community "How do I?" questions about the Find a Grave website. My advice.. The bottom line some families just want to be left alone. There are spelling errors and incorrect info. They don't care if their site is riddled with viruses and unsuspecting computer catch it. cemeteries found within miles of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list. we are adults providing precious information to those who cannot visit a grave site. I take GREAT pride in linking people with their deceased family members to connect these families, piece them back together, after death. As a result, misspelled names, incorrect dates of birth and dates of death, unrelated family members and the list goes on, are written in these memorials. No materials from this website may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Your argument is that findagrave is an open, safe space for individuals who can create memorials of family members and friends. About the company This site has been active for more than 20 years, first appearing online way back in 1995. But what they did do is give control to someone who claims to be related through my third great grandfathers brother. It was sudden, he was in the prime of his life. That's life. It is in fact not precious hard work, it is simply walking around and taking pictures of graves. Please try again later. My parents and grandparents memorials were hijacked by Patsy Lubben DiMarco. Find a Grave contains information for over 500,000 cemeteries in 244 different countries! My complaint was with those who rush to submit the memorial as soon as they can-whether they have any connection to the person, the cemetery, or the general area. Use this form for website feedback and suggestions to improve how the website works. I am fighting that fight right now - mt grandparents' pages that I have rights to (by F/A/G community guide lines) are held by a random woman that posted in her biography how annoyed she is by people requesting that she fix incorrect information. Too bad someone doesn't start a class action lawsuit against "Find A Grave." We may not have all the burials in a given cemetery, just those that people have added. FINDAGRAVE and ANCESTRY.COM are owned by the same people. Just so you know. I can see why they dropped you. Do you want your child forgotten? Unfortunately anonymity is not one of "Find A Grave's" strong points. When posting pictures it is proper to cite the owner of the photograph. God bless you all ! It is essentially a long term lease from the cemetery. Non related people can steal your family (Dead family dead friends) photo/headstone, and put online in their name on creator list, when you ask them transfer to you, they said no and even claim to staff you harass they. Put a new memorial or photo on an existing one, and use the memorial's location and photo to make it more visible. John married Eliza (or Elizabeth) Moody at St Ann, Belfast, Northern Ireland on Christmas Eve 1864. No one asked you to meddle in family ties Owner block you. To use this feature, use a newer browser. I want to add to my comment above that it is only a numbers game with a few individuals. Dear Sirs, "Be mindful of what you say and you must have respect dealing with this." As for memorials being an invasion of privacy, while I feel for the woman who didn't want her daughter's stone put up on the website, if I had a photo up and a family member asked me to remove it I would. When someone has refused to transfer a grave site, I have gone on and duplicated it with an explanation. People add information to the site by walking a cemetery and taking pictures, or from obituaries, other records or from information they have about family members. I have only been a member maybe 6 months I would never delete anyones work. Ask for permission. A findagrave monitor is removing our confederate veterans tokens of respect and replacing them with hideous looking fake purple violets. Graves do not have copyrights either. I mean, it's a "public" cemetery, not one in private family hands and as mentioned in a earlier post, when you die the privacy is gone, period. Why would anyone think it's OK to post biographical information like this about an 8 year old? You wrote: Your second argument of unknown dispositions do not make sense, especially in the cases of my and Eddie Jones' Reviews. Not everyone who takes photos of graves is unwilling to respond. Not you wish to steal you go steal, then claim that photo is own by yourself. Doesn't bring back my daughter, but at least helps. Q: Where did you see anything at all, ANYWHERE, about Find A Grave themselves "saying" they "award points"? The same thing has happened to me and my suggestion never went through. Running Deer creates a duplicate, and I told him this was a friend of mine, Then Running Deer refuses to take his memorial down and reported mine as a duplicate. And we are all volunteers. When confronted they claim they r performing.a service if families want it or not. all people have their own rights or privacy even if they die. I'm pretty sure I know whose behind this, I have figured it out. Further harassing a Find A Grave employee on a different website (this one) only proves that there is a serious problem with your unreasonable, childish behavior. Choose a topic below to begin. My mother-in-law's site is totally inaccurate; says where she's buried. The information is public, online or not. Finally, ### is neither all bad or all good, but some issues need to be addressed in civilized matter and in fairness to all users. Only family can create memorials under 90 days and Id suggest a year. So I am very sorry for your loss, as I still have pot gotten over mine, fortunately for me, I now have a nine year old granddaughter from my son. A community of members that work together, share information and help people from all over the world to find, record and present final disposition information as a virtual cemetery experience. This is a warped site managed by sub human creatures that crawled out from public sewers. My one complaint with Findagrave is that they apparently allow people to put up memorials when they have no idea where or if the person was buried. Your new password must contain one or more uppercase and lowercase letters, and one or more numbers or special characters. see that photo on findagrave site. Found more than one record for entered Email, You need to confirm this account before you can sign in. Find A Grave started in 1995 developed to cater to founder Jim Tipton's hobby of visiting celebrity's graves the company's mission is to post memorials, remembrances, and virtual flowers of celebrities and every-day people 180 million+ memorials, some have gravestone images and some do not BillionGraves started in 2010 There is a problem with your email/password. from 5 Stanford Green, Walkinstown, Dublin Or at least you were, as I'm replying to this years after your post. they will ban her. Caleb, Mikenna, Amber are sending me emails asking to send them names and numbers of all my dead family and my parents and siblings names, I think they are doing this to find info on them and steal them from me. It shouldn't be about having 7, 000 memorials, nor should anyone "own" a cemetery (I had an issue with a woman over that as well and finally decided the hell with her, if she didn't have one of the people buried, than I added it). I have a person doing that with my relatives on my grandparents side of the family and he refuses to turn them over to me. Find or Report a Scam using BBB Scam Tracker. We can resolve this issue. It is a disgusting desecration on my sister's grave and memory! Find contact information for federal, state, and local government officials. People like that just want to get numbers and be big on the web site. I haven't had any problems with anyone or them, so don't have a clue what is going on. Hun, Your daughter's grave and headstone are in a PUBLIC PLACEpeople use find a grave for RESEARCH reasons, and to SAVE these names for posteritythey do it because THEY CARE..not for any money or fame . Not just steal. I wanted to create a memorial for my grandfather and grandmother on Find A Grave. Oftentimes, there is information about about other members of that persons family included. Please check to see if your confederate ancestors token of respect hasn't been changed over to a hideous LOOKING PURPLE flower. Forms, by Agency Find a U.S. federal government form by choosing the agency that publishes it. But why bother. My estranged sister became Manager on my fathers site and added a nickname to his name on the site. I have contacted find a grave through their website and received one response but no corrections! I think it's very selfish to want to keep them to yourself. Home Funeral Services Grave Solutions Grave Solutions 224 inquiries | Funeral Services File Complaint All Photos | Videos 1134 Round Pebble Ln Reston, VA 20194-1016 | Get Directions (703) 742-4678 Company Rating B View Rating Explanation based on 0 reviews. Chances are you will find the cemetery you are looking for. I got a kick from this off their faq page: She was an infant and her headstone on find a grave is a way of keeping her memory alive with some Nothing has been done and I'm upset! ComplaintsBoard.com is a leading complaint resolution website on the Internet. all the info that told about who he was related to, and the story that was in the newspaper is gone from his web site now . So contact ancestry.Com about this. The dead could care less what u do. This is the result of 698 total reviews. FindAGrave has more than 154 million memorials on its site and is a valuable research tool. The nice thing about "Forever Missed" the memorial is yours. Visit Website Email this Business (919) 862-3704 This business has 0 complaints File a Complaint Burial Assistance Delivery Service Monuments Caskets Overview Never Forgotten Memorials delivers.