Toshiba made the decision to bump up ApriAttenda into a more useful robot in the form of ApriAttenda ver. 2. The former robot wasn’t able to do really much in terms of fetching, picking or grasping objects. So Toshiba furnished a pair of arms and attached it to the new ApriAttenda ver. 2. Having a height of only a meter and a weight of 30 kilograms, this new humanoid robot is made not just to aid in accompanying children and elders, but also to help around the house.
- With clear visual sensors and fast image processing system, ApriAttenda ver.2 can immediately identify and recognize moving individuals in split-second.
- Ability to call and reach out when it loses contact with the subject it is accompanying.
- Has pair of long arms capable of reaching and grasping.
- Visualizes tight spaces or hard-to-reach places inside the house using its built-in CCD cameras in its palm.
- Capable of avoiding things in front of it by using its sensitive obstacle sensors.
- Can continuously update one’s loved ones of the happenings around it by sending images.