Is 315 a respectable or at least average deadlift for someone my age, weight, & experience? The average deadlift for this weight class is 125kg. Hope this helped, peace. The average deadlift strength of 15 year old females is 1.7 times bodyweight. For a 132-pound woman, 160 pounds is intermediate and 275 is elite. The weight class with the lowest relative strength is the 120+kg class with average deadlifts of 1.98xBW. Youll get there dont give up. The 47kg class has the highest relative deadlift strength at 2.48xBW, and the 84+kg has the lowest relative deadlift strength at 1.69xBW. Benedikt Magnsson, Iceland, 305kg (672lb) !, My bench is 485lb and squat is close to 700. According to the data for the 38-year-old females, a good deadlift weight for a female in the 47kg class is 2.60xBW, and this group has the highest relative deadlift strength. Im six years old and I weigh 60 pounds and deadlift 400. 73 YEAR OLD ATTEMPTS 500LBS DEADLIFT!!! which is still impressive compared to the general population. Steve Shaw is an experienced raw masters powerlifter with over 31 years of iron game experience. What is the average squat weight for a 15 year old? In squatting, women retained their upper bodies more erect than men, who leaned their upper bodies forward. How to Measure Fitness at 70 Years of Age. The 47kg class has the strongest relative deadlift strength at 2.46xBW, and the 84+kg class has the lowest relative deadlift strength at 1.74xBW. I used to deadlift regularly myself, and could do like 2.5x or so, and would deadlift 2x a week. Since 1999, ExRx.net has been a resource for exercise professionals, coaches, and fitness enthusiasts; featuring comprehensive exercise libraries (over 1900 exercises), reference articles, fitness assessment calculators, and other useful tools. The 59kg class has the highest deadlift strength relative to their body weights at 3.24xBW. An elite lifter has dedicated over five years to become The average deadlift for a female 39-year-old is 2.1 times bodyweight. The 120+kg lifters have the weakest deadlifts of the 19-year-olds at 1.92xBW, which we can assume is because they have less lean muscle mass despite a heavier body weight. The average deadlift for a male 28-year-old is 2.6 times bodyweight. The average deadlift for a female 36-year-old is 2.2 times bodyweight. For 30-year-old females, there is a downward trend in relative strength as weight classes increase. Canadian men of the same age can grip 107 pounds of force. The woman agreed to a plea deal and will not . intermediate). To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. According to Weis, men up to 120 pounds should be able to curl 70 pounds; men 121 . The average deadlift for this weight class is 138kg. The average male deadlift weight for a 24-year-old is 2.6 times bodyweight. Very informative, I just deadlifted 655lb yesterday at a home gym during this corona virus felt great!! Deadlift Standards Calculators: My preference is the calculator at SymmetricStrength.com, which you can find here. Depending on the weight class, deadlifts will range from 105kg to 174kg for men and 77kg to 121kg for women. Focus on yourself rather than chasing weights to impress others. Journal of sports science & medicine, 11(2), 221. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. Boostcamp This will reduce the risk of injury. The 120+kg class has the weakest deadlift strength relative to their body weight at 2.08xBW, while the 59kg class has the highest deadlift strength relative to their body weights at 3.17xBW. the anatomy of your hips, and the length of your limbs relative to the length of your torso), Ritti-Dias, R. M., Avelar, A., Salvador, E. P., & Cyrino, E. S. (2011). 2022 Results; 2021 Results; 2020 Results; 2019 Results; 2018 Results; 2017 Results; 2016 Results; 2015 Results; 2014 Results; 2013 Results; 2012 Results; 2011 Results; . Therefore an average deadlift should be anywhere from 99 - 187 Lb (45 - 85 Kg). According to the data, the 120+kg class has the weakest deadlift strength relative to their body weight at 2.02xBW, and the 66kg class has the highest deadlift strength relative to their body weight at 3.13xBW. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. This makes you Intermediate on Strength Level Therefore an average deadlift should be anywhere from 76 Kg to 90Kg. However, your average deadlift might be different from person to person. This increase in strength can be attributed to the development of muscle mass, refinement of technique, and neuromuscular adaptations that occur over time with training.The average deadlift strength for male lifters increased from 1.6 times bodyweight to 2.4 times bodyweight across ages 13 to 18 respectively. The 120+kg class has the weakest deadlift strength relative to their body weight at 2.10xBW. State Records as of 01-01-2015 with New Weight Classes Raw Men 70-74 53.0 kg (116.8 lbs) Squat Bench Deadlift Total Bench Only Deadlift Only Equipped Men 70-74 53.0 kg (116.8 lbs) Squat Bench Deadlift Total Bench Only Deadlift Only Raw Men 70-74 59.0 kg (130.1 lbs) Squat Bench Deadlift Total Bench Only Deadlift Only Equipped What is a good Deadlift? Iam 190 lb. Other factors such as bigger height, average weight, good supplements, bigger Muscle Mass, and average Body fat are a bonus. Elite athletes are long-time strength sport competitors. The lighter weight classes have better relative strength on average than the heavier weight classes, with the highest strength levels being the 53kg class with deadlifts of 3.16xBW (although there is limited data in this weight class at this age group) and the lowest deadlift strength being the 120+kg class with 2.04xBW deadlifts. 25 Tips on How to Lift Heavy Weights Safely. Male beginners should aim to lift 173 lb (1RM) which is still impressive compared to the general population. However, it all depends on several things. For female 35-year-olds, the data shows that the 47kg class has the highest relative deadlift strength at 2.47xBW. The average deadlift for this weight class is 94kg. The average deadlift for this weight class is 158kg. Just my 2 cents. Anyone care to explain this? We recommend this belt as it will provide protection to your Lower back when performing Heavy deadlifts. For a beginner's deadlift session you would aim for 4 sets . Depending on the weight class, deadlifts will range from 191kg to 266kg (421lb to 586lb) for men and 116kg to 151kg (156lb to 333lb) for women. The average deadlift for a male 36-year-old is 2.6 times bodyweight. Johnson has said in the past that he usually avoids traditional squats and deadlifts, sticking to leg presses, lunges, back extensions and hamstring curls. For example, eating more sugar, fat and junk foods will grow excess fat. More Carbs will increase your body weight, and more protein will increase your overall growth. The 84+kg lifters have the weakest deadlifts of the 21-year-olds at 1.75xBW on average. This allows the damaged muscle and strength to go up. Master = 2.1-2.35 times your body weight These are the most popular Deadlift workouts done by female lifters: For Deadlift we recommend following the How much weight should a 21-year-old lifter aim for? by Mike Samuels . In addition, third parties, including Facebook, may use cookies, web beacons, and other storage technologies to collect or receive information from PowerliftingTechnique.com and elsewhere on the Internet and use that information to provide measurement services and target ads. AIMfor 4 sets with 12 clean reps. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. According to the data, the lighter lifters have stronger deadlifts on average than the heavier weight classes when body weight is factored in. So perhaps 1x or 1.5x is more realistic. My main character, Ruth Tenaz is 110 lbs. The average deadlift for this weight class is 101kg. Back then at 31 yo 195lbs, 510 i was deadlifting around 450-460lbs with no supplements (other than Naked Mass protein powder and a single Optimen Multivitamin). For this reason, we can conclude that strength gains are likely to be made as we age as long as we are training and eating to encourage increases in lean body mass and we are refining our technique through trial and error. The average deadlift for this weight class is 129kg. The strongest weight class according to the data is the 59kg class who deadlift 2.8 times their bodyweight. Ps i still made gains and ate very little. (Ignore my other comment, I made a mistake in it). The average deadlift for this weight class is 135kg. The deadlift is typically the strongest lift for powerlifters and is the ultimate test of full body strength; but how much should teenage lifters expect to lift at their age? has practiced it for at least a month. And then the actual professionals will blow these figures out of the water. How much weight is appropriate for a 32-year-old lifter? Since some of you always ask whenever I publish these strength standards posts, my deadlift PR is 315 pounds for a single at 165 lbs bodyweight. Master = 175-200% of your body weight The average deadlift for this weight class is 153kg. Whereas, an elite female will deadlift at least 200% of her body weight, on average. There are many different deadlift strength standards out there and many unique lists, charts, and formulas for calculating your ideal 1-rep max. For 39-year-old males, relative strength decreases as body weight increases. For 31-year-old males, there continues to be a decrease in relative strength as the weight classes increase. The average deadlift for this weight class is 124kg. The average deadlift for this weight class is 88kg. Our community Deadlift standards are based on 15,301,491 lifts Christian Finn who is a well-respected fitness coach says that, deadlifting twice your bodyweight (for a single repetition) represents a good level of strength for most people. (Source) He also says that a 500-pound deadlift for a single lift is impressive for a drug-free, genetically average male weighing around 190 pounds. (Source) Similarly, Stuart McRobert, author ofBrawn, agrees that 500 pounds is a respectable goal to strive for. The average deadlift for a female 22-year-old is 2.1 times bodyweight. The 59kg class has the highest deadlift strength relative to their body weights at 3.08xBW. Takeaway: The data tells us that the strongest weight class on average for 17-year-old males in the deadlift is the 59kg class who deadlift 2.6 times their bodyweight. Are you going to settle for a sub-par performance, which is what most people do? The average deadlift for this weight class is 142kg. What is the average Deadlift? Depending on how long youve been training. With this data in mind, we can identify whether teenage lifters are performing well in the deadlift compared to other lifters their age, or if they need improvement. For 31-year-old females, relative strength decreases as the weight classes increase as well. The average deadlift for this weight class is 83kg. The 120kg and 120+kg lifters have the weakest deadlifts of the 13 year olds at 1.2 times their bodyweight (which we can assume is because they have less lean muscle mass and more fat mass, due to their young training age). 245 pounds for 5 reps. 225 pounds for 8 reps. 215 pounds for 10 reps. This is very beneficial as you will increase or decrease your weight significantly. Im 258lbs just need to drop down to 242lb and Ill be ready for the Arnold XPC 2021. Forgive the stupid question. The weight classes with the lowest relative strength are the 84kg and 84+kg class with deadlifts at 1.77xBW. But maybe I should? 16 years ago I suffered a moderate to severe traumatic brain injury and had to learn how to walk and talk again. Lifters who are older than 40 years old can expect their age-adjusted deadlift standards to be roughly 10-40% less than those listed above, depending on your age. STEP 3:- Keep the knees parallel to each other and ensure its inside the forearms. What you need to realize is that you're going to get a lot of answers from powerlifters and other strongmen that are going to say things like, well it's not going to be competitive at "such and such." Incredible super human strength! Continue with Recommended Cookies, Heavier weights do not always mean; gaining muscles and strength after spending numerous hours testing different strategies to grow back muscle and strength. 66kg The average deadlift for this weight class is 170kg. Take the slack out of the bar before lifting it from the floor to help maintain perfect form and lift as much weight as you can. Then, with three months of practice, he can deadlift 285 pounds for a single repetition. The 53kg class has the highest deadlift strength relative to their body weight at 3.14xBW. If you liked this post, then please signup for the newsletter, or follow me on Facebook or Twitter for daily updates and other interesting info. 30 in BMI (Class 1 Obese) US men aged between 20-34 can grip 98 pounds of force. STEP 4:- Grip your hand hard to the barbell and take a DEEP breath in. The average deadlift for this weight class is 134kg. Last week I had a PR 225 lbs conventional deadlift and 255 lbs hex-bar deadlift. I think at that age injury prevention is extremely important (its important at all ages, but particularly so for them). The average deadlift for male 18 year olds is 2.4 times bodyweight. TRAINyour deadlift once a week on your back day or a pull day (Consistency is key). Amanda Parkerhas a passion for competing and coaching in both powerlifting and weightlifting. Whether the average man can deadlift 225 pounds is highly individualized. Keep doing this and you will reack your goals. PowerliftingTechnique.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. The average deadlift for this weight class is 122kg. The 69kg class has the lowest relative deadlift strength at 1.59xBW (but this could change as more data for these classes develops). muscle vs fat) will have different levels of strength. Youre very likely to injure your lower back. and is a very impressive lift. The data shows that for female 23-year-olds relative strength decreases as the weight classes increase. Squat To Deadlift Ratios: Should You Squat or Deadlift More? I often wonder how much different my from the floor would be now. The average deadlift strength of 14 year old females is 1.6 times bodyweight. The average deadlift for a male 27-year-old is 2.6 times bodyweight. Depending on the weight class, deadlifts will range from 147kg to 258kg (324lb to 348lb) for men and 95kg to 153kg (209lb to 337lb) for women. Here are some of my favorites. The average American adult man weighs about 199 pounds, according to the National Center for Health Statistics. If you are using an adblocker, we kindly ask you to support us by adding this site to your adblockers whitelist. The weight class with the lowest relative strength is the 120+kg class with an average of 1.3 times their bodyweight for their deadlifts. The 120+kg class is the weakest on average with a 1.6 times bodyweight deadlift. What is a good Deadlift? Here is how to perform Deadlift. Barbell And just because some strength coach says you should be able to deadlift 500 pounds, doesnt mean you really have to. Takeaway: The average deadlift for 16-year-old males decreases as the weight classes increase. 1) As you lift the bar on a rep, increase your speed. The average Deadlift weight for a male lifter is 336 lb (1RM). The reason for this is that fat mass is not a contractile tissue, and therefore will not help lifters to lift heavier weights, limiting their relative strength capacity. Meet Directors. Superhuman = 2.25-2.5 times your body weight An elite male strength athlete will usually deadlift at least 260 percent of his bodyweight. Therefore an average deadlift should be anywhere from 185 - 251 Lb (84 - 114 Kg). The average deadlift for this weight class is 105kg. For 33-year-old males, there is a decrease in relative strength as weight classes increase. That means the average man you meet on the street can deadlift roughly: 285 pounds as their 1-rep max deadlift. Photo credit courtesy of pricenfees.com: 1. 06-01-2009, 09:40 PM #7. The lighter weight classes have better relative strength on average than the heavier weight classes, with the highest strength levels being the 47kg class with deadlifts of 2.23xBW and the lowest deadlift strength being the 76kg class with 1.67xBW (although there is limited data for this class). Tim Henriques who has been a competitive powerlifter for over 20 years, has set several records, and coached his powerlifting team to winning championships offers these standards for the deadlift (Source). The average deadlift for this weight class is 218kg. However, it depends on what you eat. STEP 8:- Ensure the back is straight throughout the whole deadlift. Depending on the weight class, deadlifts will range from 105kg to 174kg for men and 77kg to 121kg for women. Average 14-year-old squats for beginners is half of your bodyweight. Now lets take a look at how much weight a 23-year-old lifter should aim for? The average deadlift for this weight class is 139kg. Expert = 140-165% of your body weight For women age 50, 120 pounds is intermediate and 210 is advanced. Stronger than 5% of lifters. Hafr Jlus Bjrnsson, Iceland, 290.5kg (640lb) How Many Pull-ups Should I Be Able To Do? The average deadlift for male 14 year olds is 1.8 times bodyweight. Try these 10 Tips To Improve Your Deadlift Lockout. A novice lifter has trained regularly in the technique How much should a 15 year old deadlift? This is just a rough weight you . I think we should prob say age is very important. The 47kg class has the highest relative strength at an average of 1.8 times their bodyweight, and the 84kg+ had the lowest relative strength at an average of 1.2 times their bodyweight. P.P.P.S. There are pros and cons to increasing your deadlift, and youll want to weigh the risks and benefits when making your decision. The 2x goal seems more realistic for people who are perhaps 40 and under. Then 460 pounds a year later (i.e. Stronger than 20% of lifters. She uses her knowledge from her Kinesiology Degree, CSCS, and Precision Nutrition certification to coach athletes and lifestyle clients for performance in training and nutrition. Must read:- Average Deadlift for 14-year-old; Average 14-year-old squats for Beginner. They turn colors and wimp out lifting stone. The man charged in the incident, 21-year-old Daniel Riley, did not have a driver's license and was out on bail awaiting trial for an armed robbery from 2020. The average deadlift for this weight class is 100kg. Whether youre new to lifting or have been in the gym for a while, you might wonder, how much should I deadlift?. My simple question is, How much can my female of 110 lbs lift and still look normal? Also, she suffers flashbacks. The average deadlift for this weight class is 157kg. A 31-year-old woman confessed to a sexual relationship with a 13-year-old boy. For 36-year-old males, the data suggests that the 120+kg class has the weakest deadlift strength relative to their body weights at 1.99xBW, and the 59kg class has the highest deadlift strength relative to their body weight at 3.06xBW. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); 2008-2022 - John Sifferman, Physical Living - All Rights Reserved - OceanWP Theme by Nick. And the average, untrained 198-pound man bench presses about 135 pounds, according to ExRx.net. Wicked Sick = 2-2.25 times your body weight Im 56. The average bench for male 14 year olds is 1.0 times bodyweight. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. STEP 6:- Pull the barbell while keeping the elbows straight. The weakest class on average seems to be the 120+kg who deadlift 1.8 times their bodyweight. Across the weight classes, the 66kg 24-year-olds have the strongest deadlifts on average compared to the other bodyweight categories at 2.98xBW. And the greatest factor is how badly you want it. Our strength standards are based on millions of lifts entered by Strength Level users. Make sure to check out our other strength guides and standards: The average deadlift for a male 19-year-old is 2.5 times bodyweight. The average deadlift for this weight class is 103kg. Across the weight classes, the 53kg 19-year-olds achieve a good deadlift weight and have the strongest deadlifts on average compared to the other bodyweight categories at 2.85xBW. (Squat Standards). -I'm 14. The weakest class on average is the 120+kg class who deadlift on average 1.7 times their bodyweight. The data from these lifters were used to provide average deadlift strength at each age, and across all IPF weight classes. Reliability of the one-repetition maximum test based on muscle group and gender. And if youre going to compare yourself to other weightlifters, remember that people of different ages, sizes, and body composition (e.g. The weakest class seems to be the 120+kg lifters who deadlift 1.4 times their bodyweight. Depending on the weight class, deadlifts will range from 182kg to 273kg (401lb to 601lb) for men and 117kg to 159kg (258lb to 350lb) for women. The average deadlift for male 14 year olds is 1.8 times bodyweight. Depending on the weight class, bench press will range from 54kg to 96kg for men and 36kg to 56kg for women. Therefore an average deadlift should be anywhere from 99 - 187 Lb (45 - 85 Kg). Andrea Thompson, United Kingdom. Now, shes in the Navy and undergoing their Crossing the Equator Ceremony. is 336 lb (1RM). What is the Average Squats for a 14-Year-Old? The average deadlift for male 16 year olds is 2.1 times bodyweight. The average deadlift for a male 28-year-old is 2.6 times bodyweight. They have been competing in strength sports for years, including powerlifting, weightlifting, strongman competitions and the highland games. The average weight of a deadlift for a male 39-year-old is 2.5 times bodyweight. And, of course, its easier for a more experienced lifter to know how much to deadlift based on their health and fitness knowledge. Male 14 Year Olds. Dennis B. Weis, an Alaska-based strength coach and the author of the book "Mass," offers a general range of strength standards for conditioned athletes or bodybuilders, including one for the barbell curl, which involves using both hands and arms at the same time. STEP 1:- Have the barbell ready where its placed very close to the shin, STEP 2:- Bend down while keeping straight back and grip the barbell shoulder width apart. A beginner lifter can perform the movement correctly and The data shows that the 52kg class has the highest relative deadlift strength for 29-year-old females at 2.36xBW, and the 84+kg has the lowest relative deadlift strength at 1.75xBW. Depending on the weight class, deadlifts will range from 139kg to 236kg for men and 84kg to 143kg for women. The average deadlift for this weight class is 130kg. There is a downward trend in relative strength as weight classes increase for 34-year-old males. The normal deadlift for male long term olds is 1.8 occasions bodyweight. The average deadlift for this weight class is 169kg. Answer: An average deadlift for a 15-year-old is anywhere from 70 Kg to 80Kg. Other ways to support the continued development of ExRx.net is by subscribing to ExRx.net Premium Content, providing us periodic donations, or placing an order in our Store. And theyre encouraged to be able to deadlift at least 1.75 times their bodyweight (or 1.5 times bodyweight for five reps). No, it is not recommended for a 14 year old to attempt to deadlift 225 pounds. Well, I think that most people who are not strength athletes (e.g. Girls at the age of 14 remain at 70 percent. Takeaway: The data shows that the relative deadlift strength of male 14 year olds decreases as weight classes increase. He also violated the terms of his bond . The average squat weight for a male 22-year-old is 2.3 times body weight. Similarly, as an intermediate lifter, the average increases to about 150% of body weight for men and 118% for women. Trainrightmuscle How Long Should I Hold The Plank Exercise For? The average deadlift for this weight class is 191kg. For 37-year-old males, the 120+kg class has the weakest deadlift strength relative to their body weight at 2.02xBW. Youre very likely to injure your lower back. STEP 9:- While in the straight position, take a deep breath out and good back to Starting position. Takeaway: The strongest weight class for the 18-year-old females on average is the 47kg class who deadlift 2.1 times their bodyweight. A deadlift is a . 53kg The 66kg class has the highest deadlift strength relative to their body weight at 3.14xBW. An elite female strength athlete will usually deadlift . It just depends. This is most likely attributed to the lighter weight classes having more lean muscle mass reflected in their total bodyweight meaning they fill out their weight class with more lean muscle and have limited fat mass. I can only say Ive learned its 80% mental, you have to tell yourself youre going to lift it . The average deadlift for a female 26-year-old is 2.0 times bodyweight. Among 29-year-old males, the 120+kg class has the weakest deadlift strength relative to their body weight at 2.11xBW. The question: how much should you deadlift, is more nuanced than you might think. This proves it's the perfect exercise for improving functional strength in seniors. At the very first,FINDa medium weight for your deadlift. The 47kg class has the highest relative deadlift press strength, and the 84+kg class has the lowest relative deadlift strength at 1.76xBW. Squat To Bench Press Ratios: How Much More Should You Squat? The 47kg class has the highest relative deadlift strength at 2.38xBW, and the 84kg and 84+kg weight classes have the lowest relative deadlift strength at 1.73xBW. powerlifters), should strive for reaching or exceeding the Advanced Category in the standards above. Keep in mind that these percentages are rough estimates based on averages and are greatly influenced by many factors (see below for more info). The 59kg class has the highest deadlift strength relative to their body weights at 2.99xBW. The average deadlift for a female 38-year-old is 2.0 times bodyweight. Although you might not be striving for a deadlifting world record, its interesting to learn about humans incredible potential in heavy lifting. The 47kg class has the highest relative deadlift strength at 2.56xBW, and the 84+kg has the weakest relative deadlift strength at 1.65xBW. Depending on the weight class, deadlifts will range from 177kg to 274kg (390lb to 604lb) for men and 107kg to 157kg (236lb to 346lb) for women. The average relative deadlift strength has a downward trend as the weight classes increase, with the strongest deadlifts from the 53kg class at 3.21xBW, and the lowest from the 120+kg class at 2.01xBW. Over the age of 50, a 225 pound deadlift is considered intermediate and 395 is elite. Diet:Most people forget how important diet is when it comes to muscle growth or strength. See About Us and Featured Testimonies to learn more. The weight class with the highest relative deadlift strength is the 59kg class with average deadlift weight of 2.89xBW. 200+ lb Males: 405 lb deadlift, 90-125 lb Females: 135 lb deadlift The cycle above is for anyone whos trying to increase their deadlift. Across the weight classes, the 43kg 19-year-olds have the strongest deadlifts on average compared to the other bodyweight categories at 2.14xBW. The data shows that as the weight classes increase, relative strength decreases. Becca Swanson, United States, 474kg (1,045lb) Intermediate = 85-100% of your body weight 80 Year Old Powerlifting Grandma Shirley Webb Can Deadlift 255 Pounds If she can do the heavy lifting at the age of 80 then what's stopping you to do it. Generally speaking, the older you get, the lower your standards will be. Depending on the weight class, deadlifts will range from 172kg to 262kg (380lb to 578lb) for men and 122kg to 152kg (269lb to 335lb) for women. The average deadlift for this weight class is 93kg. Deadlift Immortal = More than 3.35 times your body weight, Newbie = 45 lbs For 27-year-old women, the weight class with the highest relative deadlift strength is the 47kg class at 2.42xBW, and the weight class with the lowest relative deadlift strength is the 84kg class at 1.76xBW. for at least six months. So, for the guy who wants to get big and strong, but isnt necessarily interested in competing, 500 pounds is a common recommendation for serious, non-competitive lifters. The average deadlift for male 15 year olds is 1.9 times bodyweight. The average deadlift weight for a female 23-year-old is 2.1 times bodyweight. The 120kg and 120+kg classes have the weakest deadlift strength relative to their body weight at 2.10xBW. (Source), WOMEN: On November 5th, 2005, Becca Swanson of the USA performed a barbell deadlift with a weight of 310 kg (683.4 lbs) at the World Powerlifting Organization in Helsinki, Finland. At 42 my deadlift was 495lbs one time. -mine are about 15.5". Deadlift Strength Standards (Ages 18-39, lb) ExRx.net > Fitness Testing > Strength Standards > Table Age: 18-39 | 40-49 | 50-59 | 60-69 In order for these standards to apply, knees, hips, and upper back must completely extend. As with any average deadlift chart, this data is intended to be used as a reference point for powerlifters, or lifters in general, to see how relative strength changes across these age groups and weight classes.